A message from Pastor CJ
It is with great joy that I announce we are back to meeting together!
There is nothing I want more than to worship with you again. I pray the Holy Spirit pours out fresh fire on our spirits, and ignites this community through transformation! Let’s unify with each other and glorify our KING of Kings and LORD of Lords!
A pastor’s heart..
As your Shepherd, I have prayed for wisdom to make the right decisions for our church body. I am confident those prayers have been answered.
Prayer, searching scripture, and listening for GOD’s voice, has led me to align with the direction of local, state, and national leadership of the Assemblies of God. I ask that we love each other enough, to come together in unity, setting aside our personal differences in how we perceive the challenges to meeting again.
A timely message from scripture for us…
The people of GOD wanted Jesus to come and overthrow the government at the time. They wanted justice for the years of captivity, mistreatment, and religious oppression. Instead, Jesus came to overthrow the religious mentality that had brought separation between GOD and His people and between each other.
The Words of Jesus…
And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one. While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth. “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”
I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.
1 Corinthians 1:10
Phase 1 of Re-Opening
Under the guidelines of government officials, Newsong has resumed in-person services. However, things will be different than usual.
While we cannot guarantee a germ-free environment, we are taking steps to help prevent transmission of Covid-19. You can read more about those steps below. If you are sick, have a fever, present any signs of cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have been in contact with anyone who has had COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please stay home, but contact us so we can come to pray outside your home. We still believe in the power of Jesus to heal the sick when we gather in His Name!
We care about your health and safety. If you are in a high-risk group, we encourage you to continue attending online, during Phase 1.
We will ensure we do everything possible to offer enough worship encounters that minister to every age group.
- Initially, we will start back with the 9am and 11am Sunday morning worship encounters.
- Starting Sunday, May 24th At 3:30 PM, a Kids Worship Encounter has been added to allow parents to bring their children, ages 5-11, and sit with them during a kid-focused time of worship, learning, and fun.
- Youth, Young Adults, Men’s and Women’s ministries will continue to be offered online, during phase 1 of reopening.
The Newsong campus will be prepared for you before each time you arrive.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be at each entrance, as well as each bathroom door. Please use these frequently, especially when opening doors, before entering and after exiting.
- All high-touch surfaces will be disinfected before each worship encounter. All sanitizing agents are specifically designed for the application used, including special sanitizers for fabric chairs.
- Seating is set, observing state and national guidelines for social distancing.
- Entry and exit plans will be directed, observing state and local guidelines for social distancing, staying six feet apart from each family or household.
- You can enter the building anytime after 30 minutes prior to the Worship Encounter you signed up for. This will be done to facilitate sanitizing before each gathering, social distancing and safely seating families.
- All common areas, including the Fresh Start Café’, coffee station, water bottle coolers, and water fountains will be closed for use. Bottled water will be offered and served upon request.
- No food will be served during phase 1 of the Governor’s plan for reopening places of worship.
- Nothing will be handed out, unless it has been sanitized and quarantined for 5 days prior to distribution.
What we ask you to do out of love for each other
While at the Newsong Campus, I agree to….
- I will show my love for others…at a distance
- I will socially distance six feet apart from anyone not in my immediate family, that I live with at all times, while at the Newsong Campus.
- I will not make physical contact with anyone outside of those I live in the same house with, including hand-shaking, fist-bumping, elbow-bumping, etc.
- I will put others at ease…even if I am not a risk to them.
- I am committed to wearing a face mask, continually covering my nose and mouth at all times, while indoors at the Newsong Campus. If a mask is needed, Newsong is prepared to give me one. (Does not apply to infants, toddlers, and those with health conditions, that prevent wearing a mask.)
- If I have to cough or sneeze, I will do that in my arm, opposite my elbow, as recommended by health officials, even if I am not sick.
- I will be in unity with my church family.
- I will do my part to support my ministry team by honoring the difficult decisions the team has had to make for us to come together, and do what needs to be done to worship together and still respect the authorities GOD has allowed to be placed over me.
- I will sign up for the Worship Encounter my family and I plan to attend. If I choose to stay home to worship online, I am just as loved and just as much a part of the family of God, and this will not be seen as a negative.
- I will stay connected with my church family, because they love me and I love them.
Below is the sign-up form to be a part of our worship encounter. Please read the above carefully before proceeding.